Ways to Serve
Ways to Serve
We have many outreach projects and opportunities to serve through our office in Nyahururu, Kenya. Visit the short term projects and long term assignments sections of the website for detailed information.
Here is a snapshot of ways you can partner with us at PACE:
- Teaching at the Pan African School of Theology
- Construction & Expansion Projects
- Motivational talks at high schools and primary schools in the area
- Computer Technology and IT Support
- Partner with area ministries that PACE networks with
- Farming and livestock management training
- Water drilling and harvesting
- Health and Dental Clinics
- Children and teen Bible camps/vacation Bible school
- Cross-cultural youth work
- Cross-cultural counseling
We encourage anyone coming to serve at PACE to prayerfully study what it means to serve in a cross-cultural context. The way in which we serve is an extension of our culture, and so it is hard to serve someone if you don’t understand them. We recommend the books Cross Cultural Servanthood by Dr. Duane Elmer and The Friendship Gap by Tim Stafford to get your started. We also recommend taking a course on spiritual gifts such as Network and a course on world missions such as Perspectives. Learn as much as you can about Kenyan culture, and learning even the basics of Kiswahili before you come will benefit you greatly.